The Gulf Petrochemicals and Chemicals Association, a non-profit organization, registered with the Department of Economic Development-Dubai, UAE, having its registered office located at 1601/1602 Vision Tower, Business Bay, Dubai, with email address email@example.com (hereafter referred to as “GPCA”) acting as a data processing controller, is committed to protecting the privacy of the individuals we encounter in conducting our business.
“Personal Data” is information that identifies and relates to you. Personal Data includes, but is not limited to, your name, home and business mailing addresses, telephone number, email address, credit card or other billing information, certain data about your professional activities, and other information that you submit to us.
Personal Data that we collect
Personal Data collected about you may include:
– General identification and contact information
Your title; first name; last name; job title; e-mail and telephone details; company; address of the company; tax identification number of the company.
– For meeting registration purposes
Your spouse/companion first and last name.
Following information is requested (not disclosed to third parties) only if a VISA is needed:
Your title; first name; last name; nationality; place of birth; date of birth.
Your passport number; place of issue; date of issue; date of expiry.
– Financial information
Credit card information: Holder’s name; number; expiry date. (data is encrypted)
The data that we collect and process are originating from different sources:
- Data that you provided us with during any interaction with our website and/or our services, including by registering to one of our events
- Data that your employer or collaborators have provided us
- Data that is publicly available on the internet
- Data provided by our partners or other members of the GPCA
How and for which purposes we use your Personal Data
We may use your Personal Data to:
– Communicate with you and others as part of our business.
– Allow you to communicate and exchange information with other members of our network.
– Introduce you to other members of our network.
– Send you important information regarding changes to our policies, terms and conditions, this website and other administrative information.
– Make decisions about whether to provide you services.
– Provide improved quality.
– Personalize your experience on this website by presenting information tailored to you.
– Allow you to participate actively in our network, including discussions, seminars, meetings and other events. Some of these activities have additional terms and conditions, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Data, so we suggest that you read these carefully.
– Manage our infrastructure and business operations, and comply with internal policies and procedures, including those relating to auditing; finance and accounting; billing and collections; IT systems; data and website hosting; business continuity; and records, document and print management.
– Resolve complaints, and handle requests for data access or correction notably.
– Comply with applicable laws and regulatory obligations (including laws outside your country of residence), such as those relating to anti-money laundering and anti-terrorism; comply with legal process; and respond to requests from public and governmental authorities (including those outside your country of residence).
Such processing is based on your consent and on the fact that the processing of your Personal Data is necessary for the performance of our contract or in order to take steps prior to entering into such contract. It would be impossible for GPCA to provide you with our services without such processing.
Should we have to further process the Personal Data for other purposes than those set forth in the present section, we will provide you with information on that other purpose and with any relevant further information prior to any such further processing.
Transfers and sharing of Personal Data
GPCA may make Personal Data available to:
– Other members of our network
The GPCA website is indeed used to keep contact and to generate interactions with the members of our network. (Meeting attendance list once registered as delegate)
– Service providers
External third-party service providers, such as accommodation service providers (when provided by the delegate).
GPCA will take appropriate technical, physical, legal and organizational measures, which are consistent with applicable privacy and data security laws. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any Personal Data you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us. (See the “Who to Contact About Your Personal Data” section below.)
When GPCA provides Personal Data to a service provider, the service provider will be selected carefully and required to use appropriate measures to protect the confidentiality and security of the Personal Data.
Retention of Personal Data
One of our purposes when processing your Personal Data is to gather information on the members of our network and to keep our network alive and active. When becoming a member of our network, you agree that we keep your data until you decide to unsubscribe to our services and accordingly to quit being part of our network.
Personal Data of other individuals
Your rights as a data subject
Data protection laws grant you some rights on certain grounds and conditions, including the rights to access, correct, object to the use of, or request deletion or suppression of Personal Data, as well as to ask a restriction of processing. You also have a right to data portability and a right to withdraw your consent at any time, being understood that such a withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing that was based on such consent. Please contact us as set out in the “Who to Contact About Your Personal Data” section below with any requests or if you have any questions or concerns about how we process Personal Data. Please note that some Personal Data may be exempt from some of the above rights in accordance with local privacy and data protection laws or any other law.
Other information we collect through this website
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity, such as:
– Browser information;
– Demographic information and other information provided by you; and
– Aggregated information
Please note that we may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Data under applicable law, then, we may use and disclose Other Information for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Data.
Who to contact about your Personal Data
If you have any questions about our use of your Personal Data you can send an e-mail to this address: firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to:
Gulf Petrochemicals and Chemicals Association
Vision Tower, Business Bay
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
T. +971 4 451 06 66
F. +971 4 451 07 77